Calling all young people, students, artists, and inspired community members!
FARE Scotland are looking for a new logo for our upcoming Barista Training Programme and we need your help! We are looking for people to design a creative, innovative and unique logo.
We want it to be recognisable as a FARE brand, so your design should capture the essence of our current logo, as seen below.
Click here to download a full resolution logo image.
The Barista Programme will train young people how to make coffee within a commercial environment, along with the ins and outs of customer service. So we would also like the logo to include a coffee vibe; think Starbucks, Costa or any other brand. We would suggest researching various different brands and companies to see how they have been successful in their own designs. Of course, we’re not recommending copying them, but to help inspire your own designs.
The logo will be placed on the front of all FARE barista equipment/cups and eventually a rebrand of the trainee aprons.
The rest is up to you! You can use any design software to make your logo, and we will also welcome drawings which will be digitally remastered. Please read below for more details regarding logo design, contest rules & submission requirements.
Design entries should be sent to email@example.com with the subject ‘Logo Competition’Closing Date is Friday 30th October at 8PM!
How to Enter the Competition
The contest begins on October 7th 2020. Submissions will be accepted until October 30th 2020. Winners will be announced via our website, social media accounts and by direct contact to the winners’ email. In order for your entry to be submitted and reviewed by our judges, all entries must be:
- Submitted directly to FARE’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Logo Competition’
- Submitted in their original source file and
- Submitted as a high resolution .pdf, jpg or png
- Professional: This logo may be featured on our website, our social media platforms and other mediums (equipment, flyers, t-shirts etc). As a result, while we want the logo to be eye-catching, it must still be legible.
- Theme: Logo must promote the FARE Scotland brand as well as the addition of the Barista Services. Design should be universal in theme, and not stray from the original FARE logo.
- Colour: There are no limitations and any colours may be used.
- Integrity: Logos cannot under any circumstances or loopholes contain copyrighted material. Logos must have been created and edited by the designer(s). Logos may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published. Must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting.
Winners will be selected by the FARE Scotland Staff in conjunction with our focus group. Contestants agree that FARE Scotland may publish their logo and name(s) and may use both for advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials in the future. Contestants assign all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo, to FARE Scotland. Additionally, FARE Scotland may alter, modify or revise the logo as it sees necessary to achieve the goals of the organisation. FARE Scotland reserves the right to not select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
PRIZE£50 WORTH OF GIFT VOUCHERS. CAN BE REDEEMED ACROSS ONE OR MULTIPLE SHOPS. YOUR DESIGN WILL ALSO BE USED ON ALL DESIGN/MARKETING MATERIAL ASSOCIATED WITH THE FARE BARISTA INITIATIVE.